How To Restore and Aga Stove in 2018
Do you have an old Aga that is in need of restoration? Perhaps you are in the property clearing industry, or have come across a forgotten Aga in a relatives abode that’s not been able to finction for decades?
Here at Heritage Fireplaces we pickup, restore and redeliver Aga Ranges UK Nationwide and have outstanding experience in our field.
Timeline of events to restore an Aga Cooker Range
- Contact us and send as many photos as you can with background information – has it been working recently? Has it been stored in a garage? Is it a barn find you have purchased?
- Once the Aga has been transported to our workshop then we can begin. The Aga will be expertly stripped and cleaned in preparation for a highly thorough examination of its condition and repair potential. We document the steps required to restore the Aga to pristine condition and communicate with you of our findings and also to confirm the repair cost.
- All cast iron parts are cleaned and treated against corrosion, with worn and broken parts being replaced.
- Should there be any chrome parts we will replace with new shiny parts.
We will replace all door linings, seals, and side panels of the range.
- Our team of retoration experts then examine all enamel surfaces to double checked for issues then the vitreous enamelling can be applied in the colour of your choice.
- Once the chrome parts, door linings and side panels are in place and the enamel surface coating has dried, we then carefully rebuild ensuring that all of the Aga surfaces are prepared and new seals applied.
- In the workshop enamel parts are reconstructed up with the doors being refitted to the front plate, the Aga door linings are replaced and the lids reconstructed.
- A telephone call to the client will be made for approval, and either collection or redelivery.
Aga Cooker and Fireplace Restoration Services UK Nationwide
Read more about our Fireplace Restoration Methods with photos or read the Restoration FAQ’s. Need more information or have questions? Send a message via our Contact Form or call our highly experienced team for free advice on 0116 251 9592.